Terms and Conditions
The Selfie Lottery is 100% free to play. We will never sell your personal data or
pass on your
email address to a third party unless you tell us to.
You must be over 18 to play and be within in the UK.
Only 1 account per user is allowed and must be used by the holder.
By registering you accept the full terms and conditions below:
These terms (the “Terms of Website Use”) set out the terms on which you may use
Website whether as a guest or a registered user. Use of the Website includes accessing,
registering to use the Website.
By using the Website, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and currently within the UK,
accept these Terms of Website Use
and that you agree to comply with them. You further confirm that your use of the Website shall
compliance with all relevant laws and regulations applicable to you in the United Kingdom or
If you do not agree to the Terms of Website Use, you must not use the Website.
If you have any questions about the Terms of Website Use, please email our customer service team
The definitions set out in this clause shall apply to the Terms of Website Use (except where
context otherwise requires):“Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, inventions,
designs, copyright, database rights and design rights, trade marks, service marks, logos,
names, business names, trade names, moral rights, and all registrations or applications to
any of the aforesaid items in any country or jurisdiction.
The “Website” means the website at https://theselfielottery.com and includes any
as emails, you have subscribed to.
Information about us
The Website is operated by The Selfie Lottery; a non-registered sole trader in England and
Changes to these terms
- The Selfie Lottery reserves the right to amend the Terms of Website Use at any time
by amending this page.
New versions of the Terms of Website Use will be effective from the date on which
posted on the Website. Where substantive changes are made to these Terms of Website
users who have registered to use the Website and provided valid e-mail addresses
sent e-mail notifications notifying them of such changes, or otherwise notified
messaging system on the Website.
- You agree that you will check the Terms of Website Use each time that you use the
ensure that you are aware of the version in force during your visit.
- These Terms were last updated: Saturday, 19th January, 2019
- Terms of Website Use Version: 1.0
Changes to the Website
The Selfie Lottery reserves the right to update the Website from time to time, and to
remove, add, or change its
content and/or functionality at its sole discretion.
Accessing the Website
- The Website is made available for use free of charge.
- The Selfie Lottery makes no guarantee that the Website, or any aspect of it, will
always be available or
that access to it will be uninterrupted. The Selfie Lottery shall have no liability
for any inability of
any user to access the Website for any reason, whether or not caused by any fault of
The Selfie Lottery.
- The Selfie Lottery reserves the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change
any aspect of the
Website without notice. The Selfie Lottery will not be liable to you for any reason
if the Website is
unavailable at any time or for any period.
The Selfie Lottery draws and other Competitions
- If you create an account to use the Website, you will be able to enter free prize
offered by The Selfie Lottery.
- All Competitions offered by The Selfie Lottery via the Website are free prize draws;
these prize draws are
not licensable gambling or betting services and are not regulated by the Gambling
Commission. By entering any Competition you accept that you are entering into an
solely between you and The Selfie Lottery, and that you will have no right to appeal
to or otherwise
involve the Gambling Commission (or any other third party) in the event of any
- All Competitions will operate as described in the relevant section of the Rules.
entering a Competition you warrant that you will read the relevant section of the Rules to familiarise yourself with
in which that Competition will be run.
- You agree that, in the event of any dispute as to the winner of a Competition, The
Selfie Lottery shall
have sole authority to decide which, if any, party is the winner of any Competition.
further accept that The Selfie Lottery shall be under no obligation to enter into
any correspondence with
users in relation to any dispute.
- Certain Competitions offered via the Website provide users with a limited window of
opportunity in which any prizes that they may win. By entering such Competitions you
specifically acknowledge that you will forfeit your right to any prize that you may
entitled to but subsequently fail to claim during the relevant window.
- In instances where a user submits more than one entry to a single Competition,
design or through error, The Selfie Lottery reserves the right to declare all
entries made by that user to
the relevant Competition as invalid and void.
- If The Selfie Lottery considers that multiple accounts on the Website have been
opened by, or are being
operated by, one person, all such accounts shall be terminated and all entries by
accounts’ owner will be declared void and disqualified from participating in the
Competitions or receiving any prizes
- Any user that amends their personal details (including without limitation their
Postcode, First Name, Last Name, or Mobile Number) during a Competition may have
submission declared null-and-void if it is believed to be an attempt to manipulate,
circumvent the relevant Rules or the terms of these Terms of Website Use.
- Winning and Claiming your prize has no monetary value and The Selfie Lottery reserve
the right to deny your claim at any time.
Your account and password
- We withhold the right to close your account and any time and any bonus acclimated becomes void.
- Breaking any of these terms will result in instant account closure.
- If you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of
information as part of our security procedures for any reason, you must treat that
information as confidential and refrain from disclosing it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification
password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Selfie Lottery reserves the right to refuse service to you, and to terminate
your user account, or to
block or suspend access to the Website, at its sole discretion.
- The Selfie Lottery has the right to disable any user identification code or
password, or to terminate any
individual user account, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if
reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms
Website Use or of the Terms and Conditions.
- If you create any user account on the Website, you accept that it is your
keep its details valid and up-to-date; The Selfie Lottery shall have no liability
for your failure to
update your profile details in this fashion.
- You accept that you will have sole responsibility for any content that you publish
display on the Website or that you transmit to other users using your account. You
and warrant that you shall not upload to the Website or App any material which you
have full right and permission to so upload, or that the upload of would breach the
intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Content on the Website may include stated facts, views, opinions, advice and
posted by other users. You accept that these views, opinions, advice and
not endorsed by The Selfie Lottery and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, The
Selfie Lottery excludes all
liability that may arise as a result of the accuracy, defamatory nature,
timeliness or other defect in the information provided on the Website.
Intellectual property rights
- The Selfie Lottery is the owner or the licensee of all of the Intellectual Property
Rights in the Website,
and in the material published on it. All relevant rights are reserved. Nothing in
Agreement, or in your use of the Website more generally, shall serve to transfer any
Intellectual Property Rights from The Selfie Lottery to you, nor to generate any
right on your behalf over
or in any such Intellectual Property Rights owned or licensed by The Selfie Lottery.
- You hereby grant The Selfie Lottery a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free,
licence to use, in any fashion it sees fit, all Intellectual Property Rights
inherent in any
content or material that you upload or post to the Website. You undertake that you
upload to the Website any content or material that breaches the Intellectual
of any third party and undertake to indemnify and hold harmless The Selfie Lottery
against any breach by
you of this.
- Any selfies or content uploaded to The Selfie Lottery become the Intellectual
Property Rights of The Selfie Lottery and you grant The Selfie Lottery a perpetual,
irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide
licence to use, in any fashion it sees fit.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page from the Website
personal, non-commercial use.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed
downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or
sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- The Selfie Lottery's status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors
of content on the
Website must always be acknowledged by you.
- You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes
obtaining a licence to do so from The Selfie Lottery. Commercial use includes any
downloading or copying
of account or professional information, or other material or information for the
another enterprise or competitor.
- The use of any data mining tools (which may, amongst other terms, be referred to as
‘robots’, ‘spiders’ or ‘web crawlers’) or any other similar data-gathering or
tools on the Website is expressly forbidden.
- Unauthorised use of the Website's application programming interface ('API') is
prohibited and may result in your access to the Website being revoked.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these Terms
Website Use, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at
option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
No reliance on information
- The content on the Website is provided for your information only. It is not intended
amount to advice (legal, professional, or otherwise) on which you should rely. You
that you will obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining
any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
- Although The Selfie Lottery makes reasonable efforts to update the information on
the Website, it makes no
representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the
the Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date. This includes, but is not limited
information associated with the bonus offers featured on the Website.
- The Website may be accessible from jurisdictions other than the United Kingdom and
Ireland; however, nothing on the Website shall imply that any product or service
therein is being offered for sale, or shall be in any way available, outside of the
Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms of Website Use excludes or limits The Selfie Lottery's
liability for death or
personal injury arising from negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, The Selfie Lottery excludes all conditions,
warranties, representations or
other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or
- The Selfie Lottery will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in
(including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable,
under or in connection with:
use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- Please note that The Selfie Lottery provides the Website only for domestic and
private use. You agree not
to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and The Selfie Lottery
have no liability to
you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of
- The Selfie Lottery will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus,
denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect
computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to
your use of
the Website or to your downloading of any content from it, or on any website linked
- The Selfie Lottery does not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from
viruses or other
malicious, harmful third-party software.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes
platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection
and it is your responsibility to install and configure such software before
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms,
bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not
to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is
stored or any
server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the
Website via a
denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching
provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act
similar legislation. The Selfie Lottery will report any such breach to the relevant
authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity
In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
Linking to the Website
You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not
The Selfie Lottery's reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link
in such a way as to
suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by The Selfie Lottery without its
express permission. The
Website must not be framed or reproduced on any other website, nor may you create a link to
of the Website other than the home page at https://theselfielottery.com. The Selfie Lottery
reserves the right to
withdraw linking permission for any reason without notice or explanation, and such right
deemed to be automatically withdrawn without notice if you breach the Terms of Website Use.
Third party links and resources in the Website
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties,
are provided for your information only. The Selfie Lottery has no control of the information
on third party
websites and accepts no liability for loss or damage which might arise as a result of your
them. When accessing any third party website we advise you to check its terms and conditions
Communication and Notices
By accepting the Terms of Website Use you acknowledge that you consent to receive all
or notices pertaining to the Terms of Website Use by e-mail or via the Website, and that for
purposes of this agreement all such communications from The Selfie Lottery to you shall be
considered to be
Please note that these Terms of Website Use, its subject matter and its formation, are
English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive